Thursday, March 29, 2007

From the Depths of Obscurity Comes Another Witty Substitute

This post originally appeared on Yaysports.

(The Cavalier is on an extended leave of absence. The following was not written by him, although he will return after these commercial messages.)


7af3ff5a-23f0-41e1-b37f-cb2b261ba3421.jpg




























So The Cavalier is really on sabbatical and left a few of the inmates to run the asylum. Well then, call me the Randall McMurphy of this here looney bin.


Actually, the name is Scrubbings, Jordi Scrubbings. You might know me better as one of the stars of the 1999 cinematic splendor Flash vs. The Aliens, or more recently, as the writer, editor, publisher, illustrator, treasurer, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, chief, cook, and bottle-washer of The Serious Tip. I've been selected to man the ones and twos here at YAYsports! NBA every Thursday until The Cavalier returns. Ole!


Before getting into tonight's news and notes, I would like to quickly mention my credentials as an NBA blogger. I am a long-time Knicks fan who hasn't watched his favorite team in nearly two years. No, I did not break my television in frustration, I am boycotting Isiah Thomas. I think my dedication to denounce my team no matter how good they may end up validates my loyalty in a sick, twisted way. Not to say I haven't watched other teams, however. Living in Florida, I've grown particularly fond of Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic.


Enough about me though, here are a few of last night's happenings:


Deutscher Basketballspieler twists ankle as Mavericks first to sechzig victories - Remember when Dallas only won 11 games all season back in 1993? They are a lot better now. Nowitzki's ankle could be their Achillies Heel in their quest for all-time greatness, however. (Get it? Twisted ankle, Achillies Heel?)


It's Raining Big Men, or rather, Big Men Make It Rain - Both Tim Duncan and Elton Brand sank three-pointers last night for different teams in different games on different courts in different cities with different results. It was Duncan's first three of the season and the first of Brand's career. As one might expect, the Spurs won and the Clippers didn't.


Tanks, or No Tanks? - So are the Celtics trying to lose or not? One week, they blatantly blow a game like they really really really want the number one pick, then the next week they play their collective keysters off to win a double-overtime game. Should be tough to win from here on out, however. There is talk Paul Pierce Brian Scalabrine is done for the rest of the season.


Keep Hope Alive - I might face the scorn of The Cavalier for this, but after the Knicks spent their pre-game warm-up listening to Jesse Jackson's inspirational speeches, they put the kibosh on The Cavalier's Cavaliers 97-93, keeping the Knickerbockers' miniscule playoff hopes aflicker. Not that I care anyway. (See aforementioned Isiah boycott.) (Ed. Note: Although the Knicks did win, I have no idea if Jesse Jackson speeches were involved in any way, shape, or form.)


Ok, that's all for now. Hopefully, I'll be able to post once during my work day (8-4pm Eastern), and then sporadically throughout the evening. Peace.


Oh yeah, before I forget, if you want, desire, wish, or need to say hi, drop me a line, spread some gossip, complain, gibber-jabber, or give kudos, the e-mail is theserioustip@yahoo.com.

No comments: