Saturday, December 22, 2007

O Lennon song, O Lennon song

Although I normally abstain from politics on The Serious Tip, today's Christmas video is quite political. However, for many years, this fact escaped me. That's why, despite any non-Christmas meanings and possible adaptation to today's political-social-military climate, I present John Lennon and Yoko Ono's Happy Christmas (War is Over).





For a more depressing YouTube video featuring the same song click HERE. If this doesn't either make you cry, angry, or want to drink the sorrows of the world away, I don't know what will.

Anyway, as I said, even before I knew this was a political tune, I liked it. As I've gotten older, of course, it's gained relevance, as have many of John Lennon's other songs. But unfortunately, as Forrest Gump said "for no particular reason, somebody shot" John Lennon.

Once again, in case you missed any episodes in The Serious Tip's Great Christmas Video Extravaganza 2007, here they are:

Day 1: Ozzy Osbourne and Jessica Simpson - Walking in a Winterwonderland
Day 2: Brian Setzer - Sleigh Ride
Day 3: John Denver and the Muppets - 12 Days of Christmas
Day 4: Twisted Sister - O Come All Ye Faithful
Day 5: Run DMC - Christmas in Hollis

No comments: